Friday, April 02, 2010

USPSA & ICORE

Last weekend was fun. We had a steel shoot on Saturday morning. I haven't gone to one in some time. I had worked for about four months in Tempe before deciding that the grass really wasn't greener there and returned to Tucson. The travel and hotel time was killing my fun stuff on the weekends. That's my excuse and I am sticking to it. I shot really bad the 1st stage but recovered nicely and shot the rest of the stages in my usual fashion - average at best.

The group was talking me into shooting a revolver match which I was hesitant to do as the only revolver I can use is a 44 Mag Super Redhawk. I decided that it would be fun anyways. There were about 150 rounds of 240gr SWC bunny farts loaded up that would be sufficient. Sunday morning found me on the range again. By the end of the match, it became obvious that "bunny fart" is a relative term. I still have about ten of those original rounds. They were loaded at 950 fps and could go lower if I really want to do this again. My hand was sore for a couple of days. I should have worn my gloves but neglected taking them. A lot of good nice shooting gloves do if you leave them behind. this was a lot of fun also! I guess I like anything that involved throwing lead downrange. I did find that my light loads with Red Dot powder were very dirty. I think Clays might be in order.

Sunday evening we bowl in a league. My hand was sore, stiff, and little swollen so I proceeded to bowl a really poor series. I would rather shoot than bowl so it was OK by me. I did get to collect about 40 old pins so that we can attempt to set up a pin shoot at the range. It will be interesting to see if it catches on at all - again.

No comments: