Friday night was the awards banquet where we had some nice brisket, chicken, sausage, beans w/jalapenos, salad, a bowl of jalapenos, and some other sides. The food was quite good. Daughter #1 continues to impress.
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award for the DPT (Doctor of Physical Therapy) Program
- Academic Excellence Award (Only 4.0)
- Research Award for Excellence in Research
- Certificate of Excellence - Outpatient Orthopedics
- Certificate of Excellence - Rehabilitation
- Authored Three Scholarly Publications
- Provided Seven Scholarly Presentations
- And......wait for it........... Did not show up in the Friday night banquet slideshow being skunked at a bar!!!
Saturday was a fine commencement. I like it when the main speaker starts out with, "America is one of the greatest countries in the world!". I would have had to choke back the bile if listening to some politician's speech.
See my hood! Let's get out of here!
5 hours of Star Wars Monopoly! We gave up and called it a tie. As daughter and I had basically broken the bank and had enough cash that it was just going back and forth.
We had a grand time visiting with everyone and were sad that the trip was about done. Sunday morning found travelling back across the wastelands. Then we stopped at a few of the Bowlin's tourist traps as the hunt was on for grand baby clothes that were unique. I found some nice Ass Kickin Ghost Chili Hot Sauce and we will see who the first victim is.
We found all the high winds and were detoured off I-10 at Lordsburg, up to Duncan, over to Safford and then back down to I-10. I would like to see a class action lawsuit against the Phoenix conglomerate that owns the land that was just grubbed out that is causing this mess on I-10 right now. If you can prove you were on the highway, it would be appropriate to charge mileage for excess. What corporate shill decided it was a good idea to clear the land at this time of year? It could not have been a farmer.
All in all - it was still a fine time!
Congrats to the first Doctor in the family that I know of!!