Monday, October 26, 2015

Win 24 Part III

Well, the Winchester Model 24 SxS is finished or I thought it was. I found a slight crack in the forearm wood. It looks that it could be glued and clamped. I don't know if the glue will end up showing on the outside which would require refinishing the piece.
First coat of Minwax Antique Oil Finish. A bit of sanding was done after this coat to try to take out some of the scratches and dings. Probably removed about 80% of the marring on the stock but it is a field gun from 1939. I decided to not sand that much wood off for the scratches. The dings will remain until I decide that it is really needed to make this look that pretty. Dings will require some sanding, steaming, drying, sanding and recoating.


Time for coat number two.



















Back together again!













There will be a short wait while waiting for pheasant season!

No comments: