My weight loss has become inherently obvious even to the most casual observer. I am 70 pounds down now. People ask the same question, “Are you hungry?” Well, it is a diet by definition so I do expect to be hungry before the next meal hits or I would not be losing weight.
The next beauty of a question is asking if you can eat a particular item and then proceed down a grocery list of similar items. You would think that after the third desert item asked that you could anticipate the answer. I have learned that saying no is not a good answer and you must answer in generalities to try to keep this session tolerable.
· Can you have Twinkies? No, no sweets.
· Can you have pie? No, I just answered that.
· Can you have potatoes? No, no starches.
· Can you have pasta? No, I just answered that.
· Can you have bread? No, no white flour.
· Can you have whole wheat bread? No, by law it only has to be 50% whole wheat to be able to do the advertising. It is half white flour.
· Can you eat meat? Yes, any kind.
· Can you eat fish? Isn’t that meat?
· Can you eat vegetables? Most, but not all.
· What about carrots? No, they are high in sugar.
· Can you eat fruit? Some. Only blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and strawberries for this stage of the diet.
· What about apples? No, because of the sugar. Didn’t I just answer this?
THIS GOES ON FOREVER IF YOU LET IT!
What has actually surprised me is that after a line of questioning like this, I have been adamantly and at length informed by a couple of people that, “Well, there is no way in h$ll that I would go on a diet like that! There is no way I would give up …(fill in the blank)... because that is my favorite food!” This is usually stated in a confrontational manner as if I was recruiting. You started this conversation so don’t complain at me if you don’t like the answers I provide. I don’t normally respond as I really don’t give a rat’s patoot what you do or eat. This type of response is always from a person who needs this program or any program much worse than I do. I swear that if any of the buttons popped on that shirt, it would be traveling about 3,000 fps and would probably kill you or at least put your eye out!
I asked one individual, after listening to his lengthy rant, if he had guilty or jealous feelings about being overweight since it seems like you are very unhappy with my answers and successful weight loss. He doesn’t talk to me much anymore. Imagine that?
The 7th was the last of my deer season. I am disappointed as I could not grow antlers on anything this year. However, it is so nice to have that 70 pounds off when out in the field! I plan to take another 40 pounds off and then see if I am where I want to be.