Sunday, March 26, 2023

Time for a New Car

 It has been 17 years since we bought a new car. Time flies! The only vehicle in the driveway that is appreciating is the 87 Bronco. The newest is the 2006 RAV which we will keep. I guess I will give up on the 98 Astro even thought it runs fine. We want something new for travelling cross country for our upcoming road trips. I have been threatening to retire in January 2024 and start some trips.

I need something with legroom. My better half is a bit shorter than I am and needs something for her too. We went shopping yesterday. We drove a Nissan Pathfinder. I thought it was OK but wasn't thrilled. My wife disliked it as the seating left her having to turn off the heads-up display as it was right in her line of sight. We then drove a Hyundai Palisade. I have no brand loyalty. At one point there was a Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, and Hyundai in the driveway at the same time.

I really liked the Palisade and I could tell that She-Who-Must-be-Obeyed really liked it. She was concerned that I would pick something that she didn't like. The passenger side had enough room that I could even take a nap there. We agreed on a model that was more than I planned but it isn't like we buy cars all the time. We settled on the SEL with the premium package with the 8 person capacity. It should be at the dealer's in May. Looks like this:



She thinks it looks great. I think that the front end is homely but what do I know? I drove an International for years!

No comments: